Last updated: February 2020
SECTION 1: Purpose
1.1 About this policy
Violets & Tea Ltd recognise the importance of your privacy and are committed to ensuring security when you are using our website and booking with us. This document sets out information as to how we collate, use and store your personal details, and your rights to access and correct the personal information we hold about you so that you can feel confident about how we manage your data.
Violets & Tea Ltd aim to collect only personal information that is reasonable and fair, in order to deliver the best possible travel products and services.
Violets & Tea Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this webpage. We recommend you periodically review this page to ensure that you remain satisfied with our policy.
SECTION 2: Information collection, use and storage
2.1 Your consent
We will only use and retain your personal information with your consent or for other lawful purposes. We ask for your consent on those occasions and in those places where we specify what we will use your personal information for.
2.2 How we collect your information
We collect your information through the following means:
- Visiting and using our website including, inter alia, information provided by you in any field or form on the website, information which is automatically provided by your browser to our servers, and information regarding your interaction with our website and pages viewed;
- Information provided by you during correspondence with us, either through email, phone or written format, including any documentation you may provide to us;
- Information generated by us, for example, in connection with responding to and dealing with any enquiry, or through the analysis of your personal data.
2.3 What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Identity data – including first name, surname and passport details;
- Contact data – including address, email address, telephone numbers and social network contact details;
- Financial data – including bank account and payment card details;
- Other data – including dietary requirements, health/travel insurance information and emergency contact details.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
2.4 Why we require this information
All information collection is carried out based on our legitimate interests in ensuring our business is run efficiently. We collect data for the following purposes:
- For internal record keeping;
- To analyse and improve our products and services;
- For communication purposes with customers including providing information and responding to enquiries;
- To take payments for our products and services;
- For safety and emergency purposes;
- To provide promotional material and conduct market research on an occasional basis;
- Where we need to comply with a security requirement, and/or regulatory or legal obligation.
Please note, we will not provide your details to any third party without your express permission beforehand, or unless we are required to do so by law, for the smooth running of the services we offer or for regulatory purposes.
2.5 Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we have collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
We will only use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes if you have provided us with permission to do so by actively ‘opting in’. You can ‘opt out’ of our direct marketing efforts at any time by contacting us directly.
We will not sell your details to any third party without your prior written consent.
We are committed to ensuring the appropriate security is in place to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss, and to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure. We will limit access to your personal information, only to those employees, agents, contractors or other third parties who have a legitimate business need for such information. We will only share and provide access to your information to the minimum extent necessary.
2.8 Retaining your information
We will hold your information only for the duration of the business need, or as we are required to do so by legal, accounting and regulatory requirements. In addition to the legal requirements, we will take into consideration the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, to determine the appropriate retention period for information. When it is deemed that your information is no longer required to be held, we will destroy or dispose of your information in a secure manner.
2.9 Financial information
Card details are processed via a secure, Payment Card Industry-compliant payment gateway. These details are therefore not stored with Violets & Tea Ltd when you pay for products and services booked through our website or via telephone. If you would like more details on how we process card payments, please send a request to the contact details provided in SECTION 3.4.
Violets & Tea Ltd use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse information about web page traffic and improve our website, in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the information is later removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does in no way give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the information you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, although this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
SECTION 3: Your rights
3.1 Legal rights under the GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) introduced in 2018 grants you certain rights under information protection laws in relation to your personal information.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you;
- Request erasure of your personal information unless we are required to hold it for legal purposes;
- Object to the processing of your personal information where you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal information under certain scenarios;
- Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party;
- Withdraw consent at any time when we are relying on your consent to process your information.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us on the details provided in SECTION 3.4.
3.2 Access to your information
Please ensure that all relevant information is kept up to date, by contacting us on the details provided below. Likewise, if you believe that we hold incorrect or incomplete information, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can work with you to rectify this.
You may also request details of information that we hold about you by contacting us directly (see SECTION 3.4).
3.3 Information request fees
We do not generally apply a fee for you to access your personal information. However, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if your request is repetitive or deemed excessive.
3.4 Contacting us
Phone: +44 (0) 79835 39389
Post: 71 – 75 Shelton St, London, WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom
We will request proof of your identity prior to discussing or releasing any of the personal information we hold on you.
3.5 External links